I had a day last weekend when I was just craving blueberry muffins. Not sure why, because I have never been a muffin person. If I am going sweet with my breakfast, I always am in the waffle or french toast camp. But I decided to make some muffins that still were on my diet and I think it just might have made a muffin fan out of me!
The best part about these is that they have more protein than a regular muffin, are gluten free, and are still as fluffy, moist and delicious as a regular muffin! I used a mixture of almond flour, coconut flour and AP gluten free flour. The almond flour adds some protein, and the coconut flour adds fiber, while the AP GF flour just helps it bake normally.
1 cup rolled oats
½ cup almond flour
¼ cup coconut flour (if you don't have coconut flour, just sub for an extra ¼ cup AP)
¼ cup all purpose GF flour (I use Bob's Red Mill)
¼ cup sugar
2 t baking powder
¼ t salt
1 cup Greek yogurt
1 t vanilla
½ cup almond milk
1 cup blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 375. Line a muffin tin with liners or grease it.
2. Mix all of the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
3. Mix all of the wet ingredients in a separate small bowl.
4. Incorporate the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well. Then gently stir in the blueberries.
5. Top with a sprinkle of turbinado sugar. Bake at 350 For 24-26 minutes. Check by inserting a toothpick and if it comes out clean they are done! Enjoy!