Happy Monday! Here is one of those super duper easy weeknight meals. Great for after a long day and you just wanna throw something together quick and have it taste good. Wait.. that's everyday.... right? That's why I love finding quick and easy hacks to make my weeknight dinners easier, because I am all about that instant gratification life. #timeismoney. And this recipe takes a grand total of like 15 minutes!
I love Trader Joes because they carry so many products that make my life easier. Let's be real- not everything good ol' TJs carries is healthy... but as long as you read labels, they have soooo many healthy options that cut down on prep work! For example one of my top 5 items there is the frozen rice packets. 3 minutes in the microwave and you have perfect rice. Does it actually ever get easier than that? For this meal I also use their pre-cut broccoli florets, and the thinly sliced beef.
So, the bottom line is, if you shop at Trader Joes, all you have to actually make for this meal is the sauce, which (surprise!) is mostly made of a combo of Trader Joes sauces. So here's how you do it!
1 T high heat oil (coconut, avocado, grapeseed are my favorite choices)
1 pkg thinly sliced beef (or about 1 lb sirloin sliced thinly)
3 cups broccoli florets
handful of basil leaves
2 cups rice of choice (cook it fresh or use frozen)
juice of 1 orange
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
1 t dried ginger (or 1 T fresh grated ginger)
1/2 t garlic powder
1/4 cup TJ sweet chili sauce (you can sub for 1 T garlic chili sauce + 1 T honey)
1/2 t red chili flakes (optional)
1 T corn starch
1. Mix all of the sauce ingredients, except the corn starch, together in a small bowl. In a separate small bowl, mix the corn starch with 3 T water.
2. In a large skillet or wok pan, heat the oil. Add the beef and sauté quickly (about 3 minutes) it will cook very fast. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add the broccoli, basil and sauce. Stir until everything is coated. Then pour in the corn starch mixture and stir again. Let the sauce get hot until it bubbles, then turn heat down to medium.
4. Cover and let simmer for about 5 minutes.
5. Serve over rice, and top with green onion peanuts and sesame seeds (optional) and enjoy (required).