One of the easiest crock pot dinner recipes you'll ever make. Total of about 15 minutes prep time, and it turns out great every time.
Here is the recipe:
1 lb ground turkey (cooked with taco seasoning)
1 can corn
1 can white beans
1 can black beans
2 yellow bell peppers (chopped)
2 cans chopped tomatoes (in juice)
2 T chili or Cajun seasoning
½ cup water
Juice of 1 lime
Toppings: green onion, crumbled cotija, Greek yogurt, cilantro, and served with tortilla chippies
1. Brown the ground turkey in a skillet the night before or morning of with taco seasoning. Set aside, or refrigerate overnight.
2. Chop the bell peppers. (Set aside or fridge overnight)
3. Spray the inside of a crock pot with cooking spray. Combine all of the ingredients (except the lime juice and the toppings) in the crockpot.
4. Stir all together, and turn on low for 8 hours.
5. Let it hang out for 8 hours, then stir in juice of 1 lime and voila! It's all done. I like to top it with a dollop of nonfat greek yogurt (good replacement for sour cream), crumbly cotija cheese, cilantro leaves and serve it with a couple of tortilla chips for dippin!